When you see someone...

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know I'm not going to lie I puckered up my butt cheeks when I was watching the video, what a lucky guy crazy situation to be in.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't watch. I watched a Bear Grylls w/Bradley Cooper the other day. It was hell for me.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe try watching with only using one eye open svn and if that doesn't work turn the brightness down on your screen with no sound on. 🤔
It's worth a shot

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you ever had one of those days that nothing seems to be going right, meter expires now you have a parking ticket, get a letter in the mail the IRS has decided that you are one of the lucky ones who are getting a full audit on your taxes going back 7 years, you leave your coffee mug sitting on the roof of your car and to top it off your wife/girlfriend borrow your car all day yesterday and forgot to fill it up AGAIN. You think omg did I really wake up to a day like this, was I a really bad person in a different life, should i have been nicer to my little brother and then you look over to your left notice walking down the sidewalk a midget and your whole demeanor changes in a instant, You say to yourself hey there's a midget.You know it's not everyday that you are going to get a glimpse of the vertically challenged out at any given time.
Then you just turn your head towards the street with a bug smile and think it really is the little things in life that give us happiness isn't it.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have you ever had one of those days that nothing seems to be going right, meter expires now you have a parking ticket, get a letter in the mail the IRS has decided that you are one of the lucky ones who are getting a full audit on your taxes going back 7 years, you leave your coffee mug sitting on the roof of your car and to top it off your wife/girlfriend borrow your car all day yesterday and forgot to fill it up AGAIN. You think omg did I really wake up to a day like this, was I a really bad person in a different life, should i have been nicer to my little brother and then you look over to your left notice walking down the sidewalk a midget and your whole demeanor changes in a instant, You say to yourself hey there's a midget.You know it's not everyday that you are going to get a glimpse of the vertically challenged out at any given time.
Then you just turn your head towards the street with a bug smile and think it really is the little things in life that give us happiness isn't it.
I hate to admit it, but midgets do make me smile. Always!
Sorry to the little people.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I told that peckerwood not to let go of that tag line! Sheeesh!

One time tripping in the hole a kid about my age who was always goofing around, unlatched the elevators and held on to the horns. His brother was running the rig and had turned around to help me get a cats ass out of the spinning chain. We both turned around at the same time and Ole was gone . The derrick hand hollered and we look up and see his feet about 20 feet off the floor I hollered hold on just about the time he let go.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One time tripping in the hole a kid about my age who was always goofing around, unlatched the elevators and held on to the horns. His brother was running the rig and had turned around to help me get a cats ass out of the spinning chain. We both turned around at the same time and Ole was gone . The derrick hand hollered and we look up and see his feet about 20 feet off the floor I hollered hold on just about the time he let go.
English please. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Never mind. LB

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
English please. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Never mind. LB

Haha, When I posted that I knew most people wouldn't understand it and think I was drunk.

Some people would know enough oilfield language to half ways figure out what I was talking about .

A few people would read it and know exactly what I was talking about like they were there standing there when it happened and then chuckle at Ole's worm bite.
. Good thing it was winter and he was wearing heavy coveralls because he partially landed on the DP sticking up and had a big ol raised welt on the back of his leg that was oozing blood but he felt so foolish about his stunt and pretended like it didn't hurt. It most likely saved him of worse results by letting go when he did because the blocks would have coasted another 20 feet before we could have lowered him back to the floor.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched a dumb ass rig operator hump it to the to the tubing board to hang a sheave. This was before fall protection, I think his derrickhand was green and needed help. This operator got done hanging the sheave, made a loop in the winch line chain, put one foot in it, yelled bring me down and stepped off the tubing board. Well he went sideways immediately and started screaming at the floorhand, who was also green as grass to bring him down. I had to run over and bring him down. Long day for that moron what with a big turd in his coveralls.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey,

Buddy of mine decided to ride the elevators to the diving board to put a stand of pipe back in the fingers after it had fallen across the derrick. Yep, the moment the stand of pipe slid down past the blocks it knocked out one of his front teeth. Luckily, he didn't let go and fall to the rig floor after getting smacked in the face by 2 7/8 tubing.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey,

Buddy of mine decided to ride the elevators to the diving board to put a stand of pipe back in the fingers after it had fallen across the derrick. Yep, the moment the stand of pipe slid down past the blocks it knocked out one of his front teeth. Luckily, he didn't let go and fall to the rig floor after getting smacked in the face by 2 7/8 tubing.

LOL, I still have both arms, both legs, 10 fingers and 10 toes. Only a couple scars but I too lost a front tooth from the oilfield. A chain whacked me upside the head on a rig move and the last false tooth I had is on the bottom of Lake Metigoshe thanks to horseplay on a pontoon when I was fishing and a bugger who had too much to drink came running and shoulder blocked me and in the water I went. I gasped right before I went under and started choking on it and then hurled it up and out and down it went . I saved my rod and reel but now I'm a toothless hillbilly. 10K is too much to pay for a tooth that I really don't need.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dad's got the dreaded hook pinky finger that got back in the early 80s from working on a drilling rig. I never thought I would see someone with the same pinky finger broke like dad's but working with a guy in construction had the same pinky finger. @Davey Crockett you see any hook pinky fingers working on tbe rigs?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope, we quickly tried to put them back in place so they quit hurting. Lol Iv'e had to do it to my "this little piggy stayed home" toe and my "this piggy had none" toe but not on the rigs . I kept my fingers out of the wrong places but I did pick a guys finger up off the muddy floor and wash it off and put in in a vis cup so he could bring it along to the ER.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We're all lucky to still be alive.

A close friend lost his wife to a 2nd anyerism a month ago. He lost his teenage daughter in a tragic accident a few years ago. He lost a brother in law last spring to cancer, he was only 54.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 255
  • This month: 216
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71