Bismarck roads and driving

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol read your post and the law again..like I said in my post laws don't apply to you. I can't imagine someone honking the horn like a drag race taking place. Talk to a law enforcement officer avout this..I have and yes if on the phone and light turns green it is Reasonable to sound the horn...this is some funny shit right here. You are arguing that it's basically ok to be on a phone sit at a light and shouldn't get the horn. After you talk with a law enforcement officer..which I have. Let me know what they say.
where did I say it was ok to be on the phone ? Go back to the start and read all the posts instead of making assumptions.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can’t imagine a horn becomes illegally loud until it’s appreciable louder than the air-horn on every Semi.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes click the name and then there will be a box thats says ignore. Its a function that i use way more than i ever thought
1714414772410.png

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've said it to my wife a million times, I hope they're paying the monkey in charge of traffic lights a decent wage. No human could make it this difficult to get through a town.
Call the traffic dept about a light that's really bad once...let me know if you think there is a monkey behind that phone...😆

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can’t imagine a horn becomes illegally loud until it’s appreciable louder than the air-horn on every Semi.
Semi horn is child’s play compared to a train horn. I put a train horn in my pickup when I was young and foolish. People will shit themselves when you blast a train horn in the shopping mall parking lot.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I knew the train horn is lots louder, but, in terms of nabbing attention without having to talk w/police yourself, a Semi horn would get the point across.

Some pretty funny YouTube vids of train horns startling folks.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
You said if you get honked at..so you are doing something wrong phone etc if someone honks at you...man your nuts
One time a coworker drew a huge dick on my work truck in the dust and dirt on it. Couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong with my driving as everyone in Williston kept on honking their horns. Figured it out as I stopped to do a road check to see if I had something wrong with the truck.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One time a coworker drew a huge dick on my work truck in the dust and dirt on it. Couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong with my driving as everyone in Williston kept on honking their horns. Figured it out as I stopped to do a road check to see if I had something wrong with the truck.
Lol...I would say very rare.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I knew the train horn is lots louder, but, in terms of nabbing attention without having to talk w/police yourself, a Semi horn would get the point across.

Some pretty funny YouTube vids of train horns startling folks.
Many years ago working for the railroad, I was walking track at Berlin. About a dozen bikes came into town to eat.When they parked and were going in, one guy saw me. Walked back over to his bike and hit the " train horn" on his Harley. Pretty cool, loud as hell. Gave him the thumbs up 👍

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Many years ago working for the railroad, I was walking track at Berlin. About a dozen bikes came into town to eat.When they parked and were going in, one guy saw me. Walked back over to his bike and hit the " train horn" on his Harley. Pretty cool, loud as hell. Gave him the thumbs up 👍
Berlin in which state?

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a big cowboy on the job with a muddy pickup. I wrote "Gay Rights Now" in big letters on his passenger door. It took a couple days of honking and heckling until he figured it out.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
7th and 9th in Bis are timed for 25-27MPH from State St to Expressway. Drive faster and you're going to have to slow or stop at every next light. Drive slower and pretty soon you won't make the next light.

I do agree that vs. Fargo, Forks, Dickinson, or Williston, in Bismarck you're much more likely to get caught behind someone driving 5MPH or more under the speed limit on any streets that are 35MPH or higher. You're also much more likely to have someone pull out way to close in front of you and then putz along.
I94 Business loop East Dickinson is 45MPH, and at 7:45 every retired MoFo has to get onto this 2 mile stretch and drive a comfortable 27mph... Then again at around 5pm same fuckers doing the same shit. I cant wait to retire, and completely screw every working joe there is with my POS driving skills.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's easy to spot when someone is on their phone while at a light. Look in their side and rear view mirrors and watch their head as they glance up and down. If someone's obviously on their phone and not moving when the light turns, I'm honking.

Same goes for someone engrossed in conversation w/a passenger and very obviously not looking @ the light/road. Or, folks who decide that the red light is suddenly time to re-arrange their interior and are leaned over so they CAN'T see the light/road.

It's not necessarily that MY particular reason for travel is more important than whatever you're doing that's causing you to not pay attention to the road/lights. However, the reason for travel of the 2, 3, 5, 10+ cars behind you collectively ARE more important than your text, tweet, or finding your favorite song on iTunes before you get going.
Hence German Driving School.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 50